While your piercing(s) heal aftercare is essential to prevent infection.
- The pierced area will be tender and may be sore for a few days to a few weeks depending on the person and piercing. Take Tylenol for any discomfort.
- Clean the piercing twice each day with Bactine until healed.
- Turn the piercing at least one rotation with clean hands whenever applying Bactine.
- If it starts to form a bump or keloid, apply Tea Tree Oil or crushed baby aspirin.
- Only once the piercing is healed can jewelry be safely changed.
- Once the hole is healed and becomes permanent it can still shrink and make jewelry reinsertion more difficult. Jewelry shouldn’t be left out for longer than it takes to switch jewelry out.
- Healing times varies from person to person.
Since the piercing is an open wound while it is healing, for the entire time the piercing is healing:
- Clean hands with unscented antibacterial soap before touching piercing.
- Avoid playing with or unnecessary touching of the piercing.
- Do not soak pierced area. Do not bathe, take showers. Do not go in ocean, pool, jacuzzi, hot tub as these are bacteria filled environments.
- Do not let pets touch, lick, sit on, or stand on the pierced area.
Below are average healing times for piercings:
Earlobes 6-8 weeks
Ear Cartilage 6 months to 1 year
Eyebrow 6-8 weeks
Nostril 6 months to 1 year
Septum 6-8 weeks
Bridge 8-10 weeks
Tongue 4 weeks
Lip/Labret 6-8 weeks
Beauty Mark 6-8 weeks
Cheek 6 months to 1 year
Nipples on a Male 4-6 months
Nipples on a Female 6 months to 1 year
Navels 6 months to 1 year
If redness appears in the pierced area that is a sign that there may be an infection and you should seek medical attention. You may stop by the shop anytime during your healing process to have the piercer check on how the piercing is healing.
Call us at (808) 200-0161 with any questions, to schedule your next piercing, or schedule a tattoo! FYI- The talented artists at Neck Deep Tattoo can brighten faded tattoos, add to existing tattoos, improve or cover up tattoo regrets, and we even offer tattoo weddings and vow renewals! Come in and check out our Lucky Tattoo Jar filled with cool tattoo designs for just $75!
(808) 200-0161 | 46-178 Kahuhipa St k1 Kaneohe, HI 96744
Walk-in’s are welcome but to ensure you can get tattooed or pierced on the day of your choice call 808-200-0161 to schedule an appointment with a talented Neck Deep Tattoo Artist. We are open Wednesday through Sunday 1pm-11pm, closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Weekends are our busiest days.